Meet: Jo Wilson (M-F):
Along with being the owner and director of the preschool, Jo is also the MWF classroom teacher.
Jo is married to her fabulous husband, Mike and they have two furry children that they rescued, Manny and Callie.
Jo has a degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education. which she received from the University of Mary.
She has a PASSION for God and for children and helping them grow and learn in a FUN, SAFE, POSITIVE, and PRODUCTIVE environment.
Jo’s past educational experience includes:
- Owner/Director and Teacher of Merry-Go-Round Preschool
- Infant and school-age care during the summer months.
- Teaching in public and private schools in 1st and 4th grades.
- Instructional aide for an Emotionally Disturbed classroom and Regular Ed classrooms.
- Co-director of the preschool program at the YMCA in Grand Forks, ND.
- Director of Generations Learning Center in Northwood, ND
- Instructor with Sylvan Learning Center in Bismarck, ND
- Preschool Teacher at Children’s Development Center in Bismarck, ND
- Substitute Teaching in Bismarck and Mandan, ND
- Bismarck Parks and Recreation After School and Summer Activity Center programs.
Meet: Melissa Nelson (MWF)
Melissa is the crafty and creative mother of 3 beautiful girls, Sophia, Addie, & Grace. Who keep her busy each and every day and also give her one of the best outlets for her gifts! She is married to her fabulous husband, Jeff. They also have a sweet dogs, named Kelly, Prim and Frank and one Kitty name Toots adding to the beautiful chaos of their home.
Melissa has been an aide at Merry-Go-Round since the spring of 2011.
Her experience comes from being an amazing mother. She has a passion for kids and helping them create!
Melissa is loving, kind, and nurturing and is excited to share in creating the best possible early childhood experiences with your children. She loves to get at the children’s level to learn and grow with them. She is often caught playing with them and cuddling them too! This, of course, is one of the best ways to enhance your child’s early childhood education!
Meet: Stephanie Hoyt (T-TH)
Stephanie joined the MGR team in 2016. Stephanie has a bachelor’s degree in early childhood and elementary education and her master’s degree in early childhood education. Stephanie is the headteacher in the T-Th Class and is also the Co-Director.
Stephanie is the awesome mother of 2 wonderful children, Avery and Evan. She is married to her awesome husband John. They have a sweet dog named Arbor!
Stephanie has been blessed to be able to stay at home with her children. As her children are now a bit older, she has decided that she would like to return to the teaching field, at least part-time. She was a part of the Merry-Go-Round Family for 2 years as a parent and we warmly and excitedly welcomed her aboard as a new team member.
Stephanie is kind, caring, sweet, nurturing, organized, and FUN. You will get to see her big, beautiful smile as she interacts with your children and assists in planning the fun lessons and activities that we prepare for them. She has brought a new splash of love, laughter, and learning to our program.